Wednesday 4 June 2008

Williams breaks silence on Heath Ledger death

Actress Michelle Williams has spoken publicly for the first time since the death of her former partner Heath Ledger saying "my heart is broken."
In a short statement: Williams said: "Please respect our need to grieve privately. My heart is broken."
The mother of Ledger's two-year-old daughter Matilda added: "I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father. All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day.
"His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time, and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up in the best memories of him."
Australian star Ledger died in New York last month at the age of 28. Results of the toxicology tests, which will determine the cause of his death, are expected in the coming days.